Start a new topic

WRONG CURTAIN MATERIAL

I had recently purchased 97.25 metres of cloth (curtain/upholstery material) from your dealer, Elba Traders, Kottayam, Kerala. Out of this, 65 meters were for curtain and 32.25 meters for upholstery work. It was a top of the line Raymond purchase, as explained to us by the dealer. 

Only after the purchase did it become evident that this cloth was mostly meant for upholstery word. In fact, it was my tailor who informed me of this, after discovering how thick the material was.

I am attaching copy of invoice issued by ELBA TRADERS, Kottayam for your reference. 

Now, I'm not an expert on these types of materials and clothes. I would trust the shop I'm buying this from to advise me on this matter. Especially since I told them why I was purchasing this for!  When I referred the matter to your Dealer, Elba Traders, they commented that “their responsibility stops at the sale of the cloth, hence nothing can be done.” This is a negative attitude which will only tarnish your image. Elba's got nothing to lose because they are dealing in several brands. They are just a careless 'middle man'.

Anyway, I have already spent a good deal of money on this and I feel like I've been cheated. For instance, when the curtain is released from its side hook, it spreads across like an open umbrella, due to the thickness! It looks comical! The curtain does not have any falls, as per the pleats. I am attaching couple of photos for your perusal.

Elba further claims that many others use this material for curtains and so far no problems have been reported. They probably are hesitant about perusing this matter (because of Elba's less than customer friendly attitude) or may be they don't know better! Fortunately, I don't have any such issues. I actually invited Elba Traders to come and see the problem, but they don’t even bother to respond. 

I cannot bear with this “umbrella” type curtain any more, especially after spending so much. For stitching alone, an amount of nearly Rs.20,000 and for ironing the curtain (3 times) as advised by Elba Traders, additional Rs.3,000 had to be incurred from my side. So you see a lot of money was spent on this curtain alone. My apartment is brand new and the interior work has been done to the highest standards. The curtains and the upholstery were meant to compliment my apartment, and not make a mockery out of all the work that has been put in.

I would like it to be replaced with proper curtain material. I, therefore, request you to kindly intervene in this matter and provide me with another material/curtain at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing from you,

pdf
Login or Signup to post a comment